Smiles on Broadway © copyright 2017
Gentle Dental Care – Annette Williamson D.D.S.
© 2015 Smiles On Broadway
Dr. Williamson is proud of the role dentists have played in reducing tooth decay.
Still, she knows there is much work left to do.
Cavities form when a sticky film of bacteria, known as plaque, produces acids that attack the outer covering of the tooth. Over time, the enamel breaks down and a cavity forms. Dr. Williamson's motto Gentle Dental Care applies to all facets of dental care, including procedures to remove the diseased portion of a tooth and restoring it.
From the digital dental X-ray, which helps locate the tiniest of cavities, even those that form at the natural gum line, to the way anesthetic medications are administered to the drilling and filling, Dr. Williamson and her staff work to make your experience pain-free.
And, Dr. Williamson and her staff will work to help keep all of your teeth as healthy
as possible. To prevent tooth decay, you should:
• Brush your teeth twice a day with a toothpaste that contains fluoride
• Floss between teeth every day
• Eat a balanced diet and limit between-meal snacks
• Visit your dentist twice a year for professional cleanings and oral exams
• Ask your dentist about dental sealants, which protect chewing surfaces
on the back teeth where decay typically starts